TRACK: Phoenix Raceway
RACE: NXS Championship Race 200 (200 laps / 200 miles)
DATE: Saturday, Nov. 6, 2021
Broadcast Information: TV: 8:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN/Radio: 8 p.m. ET on MRN and Sirius XM Ch. 90
• Sam Mayer is back in the familiar Tire Pros black, silver and metallic red colors last seen at Bristol Motor Speedway in September. Mayer led 49 laps and finished ninth in that race.
• Mayer has four starts at Phoenix between the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and ARCA Menards Series with a best finish of 17th coming in the fall of 2020.
• The 18-year-old Franklin, Wis. native scored his career best finish in the NXS last weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Mayer drove from three laps down to finish fourth, earning his first career top-five finish in the series.
“I feel really good heading into Phoenix this weekend. We had a really fast car last weekend at Martinsville and came from three laps down to battling inside of the top five. Taylor (Moyer, crew chief) and this No. 8 Tire Pros team had a great car in the spring before they were taken out of contention and I know we will unload fast again this weekend. We have practice and qualifying so that’ll help me get up to speed before hitting the track for the race. This car would look great in Victory Lane this weekend.” – Sam Mayer
JRM Team Updates:
• JRM at Phoenix: JRM has competed at Phoenix a combined 80 times in the NXS. Over the course of those 80 starts at the 1-mile facility, the organization has tallied three wins, 20 top fives and 43 top 10s, while holding an average finish of 13.2. Justin Allgaier has the most recent win at Phoenix, earning the victory in November of 2019.
• Call of Duty Endowment: The No. 1 team of Michael Annett will feature a special paint scheme in conjunction with primary sponsor Pilot Flying J and the Call of Duty Endowment, which helps veterans obtain high-quality jobs. Annett’s Pilot Flying J Chevrolet will honor those who have served and sacrificed so much for our freedoms during this weekend’s season finale at Phoenix. Since 2019, Pilot Company has contributed more than $500,000 to the Call of Duty Endowment, which has enabled more than 1,300 veterans to find meaningful careers. That is more than two battalion-sized elements made up of veterans.
• Flannel Fest: It’s that time of year again! Flannel Fest is on at Bass Pro Shops. Save big on flannel clothing for men, women and kids, as well as flannel blankets and more from Oct. 22 to Nov. 4, 2021. Stay warm with their selection of high quality flannels: the Fabric of the Outdoors. Visit Bass Pro Shops® now and save up to 50 percent.