TRACK: Daytona International Speedway
RACE: Wawa 250 (100 laps / 250 miles)
DATE: Friday, Aug. 27, 2021
Broadcast Information: TV: 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN/Radio: 7 p.m. ET on MRN and Sirius XM Ch. 90
• Sam Mayer will make his first NXS start at Daytona this weekend in the blue and orange No. 8 PeopleReady TrueBlue Chevrolet.
• The 18-year-old Mayer will make his first-career start on a superspeedway track within NASCAR’s top three series.
• In four oval races to date in the NXS, Mayer has one top 10, coming at Atlanta Motor Speedway where he raced to a ninth-place finish.
• To date this season, the No. 8 team has accumulated one win (Martinsville Speedway), four top fives and nine top 10s while pacing the field for 151 laps.
“I’m really looking forward to racing at Daytona this weekend in the PeopleReady TrueBlue No. 8. I’ve raced on the road course here a few times but this is my first attempt at the oval and I can’t wait. JRM always has fast cars, especially at superspeedways, so that helps give our team confidence going into this weekend.” – Sam Mayer
JRM Team Updates:
• JR Motorsports at Daytona: JR Motorsports has competed at “The World Center of Racing” a combined 88 times in the NXS. Over the course of these 88 starts at the 2.5-mile facility, JRM has tallied seven wins, 24 top fives and 37 top 10s. JRM’s most recent win came during the 2020 season when Noah Gragson drove the No. 9 to Victory Lane to secure his first career NXS victory.
• Pilot Flying J Driver Appreciation Month: Michael Annett’s No. 1 Pilot Flying J Chevrolet will have a signature paint scheme for the next five races as part of Pilot Flying J’s Driver Appreciation Month. The red and yellow scheme features the words “If you’ve got it, a trucker brought it” on the hood and #ThankATrucker on the TV panel at the rear of the car. The Driver Appreciation theme inspires fans to thank professional drivers for all their hard work in delivering the goods we all depend on.
• PeopleReady: PeopleReady has reimagined and simplified the path that connects people and work. Whether you need workers or you’re looking for new job opportunities, PeopleReady is ready to deliver results for you today. And with the JobStack | Find a Job mobile app, you are in control of your work schedule. Once you find a short-term job that fits your preferences, you will receive information on where to go, what to bring, and what to expect once you arrive. You can apply to be a PeopleReady worker and start accepting jobs all from the app. JobStack | Find a Job has work opportunities all over the United States. Visit peopleready.com today to find jobs, or workers, nears you.