TRACK: Texas Motor Speedway
RACE: Andy’s Frozen Custard 335 (200 laps / 300 miles)
DATE: Saturday, Oct. 16, 2021
Broadcast Information: TV: 3 p.m. ET on NBC/Radio: 2:30 p.m. ET on PRN and Sirius XM Ch. 90
• Sam Mayer will make his third NXS start on a 1.5-mile oval this weekend at Texas in a new-look QPS Employment Group Chevrolet featuring a silver and blue paint scheme. • Mayer’s best finish on a 1.5-mile oval came at Atlanta Motor Speedway. The 18-year-old started 22nd and finished ninth to earn his first career NXS top-10 finish.
• Mayer’s 94.8 driver rating at the Charlotte Roval was his second highest rating for the 2021 season. Driver rating is calculated through a formula of win, finish, top-15 finish, average running position while on lead lap, average speed under green, fastest lap, led most laps and lead-lap finish. The highest a driver can score is 150.
“This No. 8 QPS Employment Group team gave me a great car last weekend and we put together an entire race while running up front. That gives us extra confidence as we head to Texas this weekend. It’ll be my first time there but we’ve had a good couple races on 1.5-mile tracks this year and hopefully we can have this No. 8 towards the front again this weekend.” – Sam Mayer
JRM Team Updates:
• JRM at Texas: JRM has competed at Texas Motor Speedway a combined 85 times in the NXS. Over the course of those 85 starts at the 1.5-mile facility, the organization has tallied one win, 22 top fives and 52 top 10s, while holding an average finish of 11.0. JRM’s lone win came in 2014 with Chase Elliott and the No. 9 team.
• #FridgeHunters: Fridge Hunters know how to work a Flexipe: We aren’t making a list, shopping, and spending hours in the kitchen. Think fast and loose! Grab a base like pasta, rice or bread. Add some veggies. Throw in some protein. And don’t forget the Hellmann’s. It works wonders with pastas, salads, sandwiches and bowls. Do a little chopping, toss in the skillet, and look at you–you’re Fridge Hunting with a Flexipe. A-mmmmazing. POST A PHOTO, TAG IT #FRIDGEHUNTERS. Show off what you made with those random ingredients and challenge a friend to Fridge Hunt, too. Let's save as many meals as possible.
• Allstate Peterbilt Group: Michael Annett’s No. 1 Chevrolet will carry sponsorship this weekend from Allstate Peterbilt Group in honor of its 50th anniversary. Established in 1971, Allstate Peterbilt Group started with just one dealership location in South Saint Paul, Minnesota, and has since grown into an award winning one-stop resource for truckers with over 20 locations across the Upper Midwest serving Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Their secret? Never losing sight of what made these last 50 years possible…serving their customers.